NLP Swish Pattern
Mood change software
NLP Swish technique / pattern - Swish Lite + Swish Pro bundle
Only £15.75 (Approx $23 USD) for both utilities.
Instant downloads (1 MB / 9 MB)
English / German / *(1) User defined language support (PC Only)
The benefits of software based NLP Swish treatment
Swish Technique / Pattern
Problem: Visual NLP techniques such as the Swish technique are reliant upon the imagination of images and concurrently associating feelings with the images. The problem is that many people find imagining images and feelings difficult at best. Also, given the nature of the technique it is very easy for therapists and patients to lose their place in the process.
Solution: Our software based approach resolves these problems by providing images on-screen that can reduce the need to imagine and enables easier generation of images after treatment. Sound effects help feelings to be associated into more easily and more rapidly. On-screen instructions guide you through the process to keep treatment on-track. We provide a generic solution with preset images and enable you to provide your own images / sounds if required.
Visual NLP Swish pattern technique
For sufferers: The NLP Swish pattern helps you to change your state of mind - it helps you to move from one mood state into another quickly and easily. Change negatives into positives, convert anxiety into calm.
For therapists: This multimedia software approach helps you by showing your patient's exactly what they should imagine. Your patients' can then continue the process in their imagination or you can use the software to guide them through the process.
Detail: The NLP Map Swish Technique maps the submodalies of something that is wanted into the submodalities of something that is not wanted. Both are then subjected to a further submodality shift with only the positive image returning. (This is commonly known as the Swish pattern). The technique can be used to install new behaviour / change thinking / change mood states. (It was originally developed as a primary intervention for PTSD by hypnotherapists before being reinvented by the NLP Movement!)
Visual Swish Lite (PC and Mac)
Swish (Lite) contains two versions within the same product. A basic version and slightly more advanced version.
Swish Lite Basic: The "lite basic" version is a simple implementation of the Swish technique with static images and sounds. The user is guided through the use of the technique via on-screen instructions.
Swish Lite Advanced: A new minor version of Swish Lite was released on 1/May/06 to enable external images to be specified if required rather than using the defaults. This satisfies the needs of more advanced users that want simplicity and flexibility. (PC/MAC) The PC version module includes German / English language support.
Swish Lite for PCs now includes 16 sample problem images (blood, bridge, dentists, dog, driving, flying, frog, heights / stairway, mouse, payphone, rat, snake, social dinner party, tarantula, vomiting actual, vomiting nausea), 8 sample solution images (beach, bear, clouds, duck, flowers, kitten, mountains, sunset), and 7 sample settings files (Blood Clouds.vswi, Bridge Beach.vswi, Driving Beach.vswi, Mouse Kitten.vswi, Rodent TeddyBear.vswi, Sider Duck.vswi, Snake TeddyBear.vswi)
- 5 June 07 - A new version of Swish Lite Advanced was released on 5 June 07 (1.7 MB download / PC only) that provides a very easy one-click way of importing and resizing images from your hard drive (standard jpg image files). Your own images appear after the initial Swish pattern training dialogue. A "skip intro" option was also added to skip past the initial training dialogue and the quality of the image as it zoomed back from the horizon was greatly improved.
- V2.2 - 28 Jan 2010 - German language support added. Applies to the Advanced module only. Ability to save / reload settings included. Unlocking window improved visually and a new function to send user reference codes automatically by eMail has been included.
- V2.3 - 1 Feb 2010 - German language display updates
- V2.4 - 2 Feb 2010 - Change to enable silent reinstallation via autoupdate
- V2.5 - 4 Feb 2010 - German language updates, slower display of "now zoom" text, user editing of text for translators
- V2.6 - 17 Feb 2010 - German language updates
- V2.7 - 5 Mar 2010 - Final German language updates, improved window colors, faster closing
- V2.8 - 11 Sept 2012 - Windows: Full use is now made of the available screen area even if in widescreen mode
- V2.9 - 24 Feb 2014 - New icon and improved "My Desktop / My Programs" installation locations
- V2.9a - 21 Mar 2015 - Update to facilitate installation on systems with Korean / Japanese / Chinese system character sets
- V3.0 - 21 Jan 2018 - Optional online generation of unlock codes added
Advanced version: User selected images (PC/Mac): In the example below the images selected were of a hypodermic needle and a beach (movement has been emulated):
The following screenshot relates to the PC version only.
Multi-language support (PC / Lite version only)
- English Full support - covers all modules
- German Full support - covers all modules / PC only
*(1) User defined Multi-language support (PC / Lite version only)
Users wishing to generate a version of this product in their own language can do so so long as they agree to share the translation with other users via an inbuilt upload facility. An inbuilt editor similar to Excel allows the text to be edited and previewed quickly and easily. An agreement needs to be accepted prior to being given access to these facilities.
Language categories defined to date are Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English UK, English US, English, Filipino, Finnish, French, (German-translated), Greek, Gujarat, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Oriya, Persian, Polish, Portuguese Brazil, Portuguese Portugal, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese. Other categories can be added on request.
If you translate into one of the most common languages and we accept the translation as being of high enough quality you will get your purchase fee for this product refunded. This applies to Spanish, Chinese and French translations at the current time.
Visual Swish Pro (PC Only)
The "pro" version is a more advanced implementation of the Swish technique. The user now has the ability to use any images, any sounds and to save / restore settings. Speed, image size, background colour and image location settings can also be altered by the user. There are no on-screen instructions therefore the therapist is expected to explain the process to the client. Click on the image to the right to see the available options. Swish Pro is provided free of charge with Swish Lite.
- V1.1 - A new version of Swish Pro for PCs was released on 1/May/06 (V1.1) which takes Swish Pro unofficially out of 'beta test' mode following another phase of routine development.
- V1.4 - A new version was released on 28/Aug/07 (V1.4) to include using the Escape key to stop motion / sound and the control key to restart motion / sound. Sliders have been added for width / height settings.
- V1.5 - 30 Sept 07 - integration with shared image / audio library, instantly see the effect when adding images without needing to click on "Apply"
- V1.6 - 1 Nov 07 - the unlocking process was substantially simplified in order to allow the Therapists Toolkit to unlock the product automatically
- V1.7 - 5 Jun 08 - Substantial redevelopment of the way in which options / settings are handled. Also added ability to change start / stop key
- V1.8 - 14 Sept 09 - Version number correction only
- V2.9 - 2 Feb 2010 - Change to enable silent reinstallation via autoupdate, setup window visually improved
- V3.0 - 24 Feb 2014 - New icon and improved "My Desktop / My Programs" installation locations
- V3.0a - 21 Mar 2015 - Update to facilitate installation on systems with Korean / Japanese / Chinese system character sets
- V3.1 - 21 Jan 2018 - Optional online generation of unlock codes added and auto unlocking after vSwish Lite is unlocked added
Click here to purchase and download
What do they do?
The modalities of the positive are amplified, the modalities of the negative are minimised as left to right matching auditory stimulation is provided.
In real terms this means:
- Problem image appears bottom left
- User's attention directed to it for a few seconds
- User is asked to clear their mind
- Positive solution image appears top right
- User's attention directed to it for a few seconds
- Problem image reappears and fades and becomes smaller
- Solution image floats into the problem image
- Problem image with the solution image within it zooms off into the horizon with a swish sound
- Solution image comes back from the horizon with a swish sound and gets bigger
- Cycle repeats
Swish Pro (PC only) is the same as the above except that user dialogue is not present. This allows the therapist to guide the user through the process in whatever way the choose.
Click here to download / view a demo (3.6 MB) of the Lite version on a PC (wmv file) (Screen shots were taken at the rate of 4 frames per second. The cursor was hidden during the recording.)
The system operates with the following versions of Windows
- Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- Windows XP (Home or Pro)
- Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005
- Windows NT 4 (With service pack 6a or later applied)
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000 (With service pack 2 or later applied)
- Windows 98
The software does support use on XP/Vista Netbooks.
A more limited Mac version is also available. (English language support / no sample files - does include the advanced version). (See below for full description).
What do Swish Lite and Swish Pro look like?