Vivo gradual image presenter
Used as part of systemic desensitization phobia treatment - Free software
Problem: You have gone as far as you can with the desensitisation process in the imagination and want a mid-way alternative to using real stimuli.
Solution: Vivo is a simple (free) software utility to progressively display images to a patient as part of an image based in vivo desensitization process. This product does not time-out or expire - it is totally free.
The system operates with the following versions of Windows:
- Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005
- Windows XP (Home or Pro)
- Windows NT 4 (With service pack 6a or later applied)
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000 (With service pack 2 or later applied)
- Windows 98
- MAC compatibility depends on the level of Windows emulation installed for PC version
The software does support use on XP/Vista Netbooks.
Just select an image by clicking on the duck image and increase or decrease the size via the left hand slider. Transparency is honoured eg for gif files. You need to provide the image eg by searching in Google More...
The slider bar also moves up and down when the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard are pressed. Animated gif files are also supported.
How do use Vivo?
Suggested usage guidelines are documented in our training area. More...
Vivo can be used as part of the process for treatment of trauma / PTSD, the treatment of panic attacks / agoraphobia, the treatment of phobias and fears, the ongoing management of stress and anxiety and the treatment of addictions and habits.
- V1.0 - V1.3 - First releases
- V1.4 - 2 Feb 2010 - Change to enable silent reinstallation via autoupdate, starting size made even smaller
- V1.5 - 24 Feb 2014 - New icon and improved "My Desktop / My Programs" installation locations
Glossary: invivo, invitro, in vitro, desensitisation, CBT, systemic desensitisation, image presentation, flooding, implosion therapy, behavioural therapy, CBT, self help, stress management, self therapy, phobia desensitisation software, phobia treatment app