Instant audio - Instantly play sounds
Free Windows Download
Problem: You want to play a sound eg for anchoring or aversion purposes during a therapy session but you don't want to have to search for the sound file, and you want to play several different sounds on demand. You also dont want jarring increases in volume, you want the sound to gently fade up to normal volume.
Solution: Instant Audio is a free media player designed for use by psychotherapists that want to play audio files instantly on demand during therapy sessions. The option to gently fade sounds in when first played is present.
Possible uses in the therapy room include:
- Systematic desensitisation
- Graded exposure therapy
- Hypno Gastric Band
Several user audio files are provided in the installation and if EMDR Pro or the Therpaists Toolkit is installed you can access the shared media library very easily.
Key features / benefits include:
- A fade-in option is provided meaning that sound loops can be played without a jolt in the volume when first played.
- Slow down or speed-up the sound (if possible with the file being played).
- A loop facility is also provided so you can choose whether to play the file once only or in a loop. (Fading applies to the first play only when looped)/
- Sound files can be added one by one, or you can add many files at the same time.
- 19 files are displayed before needing to scroll down.
- You can reorder the files and have more than one copy of the same file.
- The file list can be saved and the list is reopened when the software is reopened.
- Play sound in x minutes (delayed playing).
The system operates with the following versions of Windows:
- Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005
- Windows XP (Home or Pro)
- Windows NT 4 (With service pack 6a or later applied)
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000 (With service pack 2 or later applied)
- Windows 98
- MAC compatibility depends on the level of Windows emulation installed for PC version
The software does support use on XP/Vista Netbooks.
How do I download?
How do use Instant Audio?
Suggested usage guidelines are documented in our training area. More...
Instant Audio can be used as part of the process for treatment of trauma / PTSD, the treatment of panic attacks / agoraphobia, the treatment of phobias and fears, the ongoing management of stress and anxiety and the treatment of addictions and habits.
- 1.0 - 4 Dec 08 - Initial release
- 1.1 - 23 Dec 08 - Prompt to save added when changes are made prior to closing
- 1.2 - 26 Dec 08 - Integrated into Therapists Toolkit and volume sticking at maximum issue resolved
- 1.3 - 20 May 09 - Added 'start playing audio in x mins' facility for use in training courses to play audio to get the class back from break
- 1.4 - 27 Jun 09 - Issue when deleting then adding resolved
- 1.5 - 2 Feb 2010 - Change to enable silent reinstallation via autoupdate, addition of playback speed setting to slow down or speed up the playing speed (if possible with the file being played), improved screen colors
- V1.6 - 24 Feb 2014 - New icon and improved "My Desktop / My Programs" installation locations
- V1.7 - 8 Feb 2016 - Improved "Play in x mins" facility, new countdown / progress bar facility showing elapsed time in 2 blocks equating to 50% of the time for each progress bar, new fullscreen play mode, new ability to increase / decrease font size
Glossary: instant audio, rapidly play sound, one click audio player, psychotherapist, anchoring audio, motivational sound, aversion, phobias